I'm thrilled that my creepy little poem "Mirror", published last year in Midnight Echo 4, will be reprinted in this gorgeous Year's Best volume, along with many wonderful stories by many wonderful writers. Yay!
Contents for Year's Best Fantasy & Horror Volume 1 Announced
Ticonderoga Publications is walking on sunshine to announce the contents for its inaugural Year's Best Australian Fantasy and Horror anthology.
Editors Liz Grzyb and Talie Helene have produced a list of 33 excellent tales by some of Australia's biggest names as well as some emerging writers.
The anthology collects 150,000 words of the best stories published last year from the Antipodes.
"We're pleased with the number of fabulous stories that were published in 2010 that we had to choose from,” Liz Grzyb said.
"You could hold this anthology up against any international collection - Australians rock for diverse voices, imagination, and compelling writing," Talie Helene added.
The stories are (alphabetically by writer):
- RJ Astruc: "Johnny and Babushka"
- Peter M Ball: "L'esprit de L'escalier"
- Alan Baxter: "The King's Accord"
- Jenny Blackford: "Mirror"
- Gitte Christensen: "A Sweet Story"
- Matthew Chrulew: "Schubert By Candlelight"
- Bill Congreve: "Ghia Likes Food"
- Rjurik Davidson: "Lovers In Caeli-Amur"
- Felicity Dowker: "After the Jump"
- Dale Elvy: "Night Shift"
- Jason Fischer: "The School Bus"
- Dirk Flinthart: "Walker"
- Bob Franklin: "Children's Story"
- Christopher Green: "Where We Go To Be Made Lighter"
- Paul Haines: "High Tide At Hot Water Beach"
- L.L. Hannett: "Soil From My Fingers"
- Stephen Irwin: "Hive"
- Gary Kemble: "Feast Or Famine"
- Pete Kempshall: "Brave Face"
- Tessa Kum: "Acception"
- Martin Livings: "Home"
- Maxine McArthur: "A Pearling Tale"
- Kirstyn McDermott: "She Said"
- Andrew McKiernan: "The Memory Of Water"
- Ben Peek: "White Crocodile Jazz"
- Simon Petrie: "Dark Rendezvous"
- Lezli Robyn: "Anne-droid of Green Gables"
- Angela Rega: "Slow Cookin' "
- Angela Slatter: "The Bone Mother"
- Angela Slatter & LL Hannett: "The February Dragon"
- Grant Stone: "Wood"
- Kaaron Warren: "That Girl"
- Janeen Webb: "Manifest Destiny"
In addition to the above incredible tales, the volume will include a review of 2010 and a list of recommended stories.
The editors will shortly begin reading for the second volume of The Year's Best Fantasy and Horror.
The anthology is scheduled for publication in June 2011. The anthology will be available in hardcover, ebook and trade editions and may be pre-ordered at http://indiebooksonline.com.Andhere's a link to the original Ticonderoga announcement: http://ticonderogapublications.com/tp/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=150:years-best-australian-fantasy-a-horror-contents-announced&catid=67:years-best-australian-fantasy-and-horror&Itemid=94